"nope, no brain damage. .... um, .. who am I talking to?" This was uttered by me on picking up the phone and being asked "any brain damage?" by a friend who was offering me a chance to work with him on a project while I am laid off.
It turns out he had had quite a chat with me while I was waiting for the ambulance. He had called to suggest the project, but I had said I was dazed and awaiting the ambulance and wouldn't be able to discuss it just then. I had finally hung up, saying "I should go check on those guys [the ambulance], they should be here by now". So he called me back on Sunday, and didn't identify himself, thinking that I had caller ID and remembered our conversation on Wednesday. I had completely forgotten.
Strangely enough, he is still interested in having me work with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment