Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rounding her out

When I was looking for a horse, I was discussing breeds with a friend, and I said I knew I didn't want a Thoroughbred because they are boney and angular. It wasn't long before I took my first look at Angel and got all dreamy. I ended up having to buy her so I could sleep at night. Then I couldn't sleep at night after all because I would lie there planning our next session.
But she did get a little boney this fall, I don't know if we were covering more miles, or that the Safe Choice I was feeding her was insufficient. I switched her to Vintage Victory, and gave her more of it, and she has had lots of time off since the accident and since the ice has surrounded the barn for the last two weeks. I measured her with a tape last night, and she has gained about 40 pounds.

No comments: